The Independent Schools Association was founded in 1878. The Independent Schools Association is one of the oldest of the independent schools’ organisations. Since 2014, they have been a registered charity and they are proud to promote their charitable objectives. ISA provides professional support to its 513-member Headteachers. Staff of their Members’ schools benefit from high quality training opportunities and access to a wide range of membership services, while pupils enjoy an extensive programme of local and national Sporting, Arts and Cultural events. they value their reputation for offering warmth and professional, practical advice and they are delighted to offer an expanding range of member benefits.
ISA is unique in representing the full range of independent schools. They are passionate in supporting their Members so that they can make a positive difference to the life-chances of children in their care.
What they do
- They work with Heads from over 513 (April 2019) of the best accredited schools across the UK and beyond to:
- Provide the highest quality information and advice, immediately responding to the needs of their Members in areas such as HR, legal, inspection, curriculum
- Promote support networks and fellowship regionally, nationally and internationally, including their seven thriving ISA Areas around the country
- Provide enrichment opportunities for pupils in Area and National Competitions for Sport, Drama and the Arts, at world-leading venues such as the London Olympic Park
- Arrange high-quality conferences and professional development courses to foster excellence in education
- Promote initiatives and provide access to a wide range of member services and resources
- Influence educational debate on behalf of our Members, promoting independence and choice.