By accessing this website and providing Single Central Record Limited (trading as OnlineSCR) with your personal details, you agree to accept and be bound by the terms of this statement of fair processing which is summarised below.
OnlineSCR third party provider (APCS) have worked closely with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and Disclosure Scotland (DS) to produce an online disclosure application route, which is an alternative to the standard paper forms. This allows you to complete your application at any location with internet access. Our online service is committed to protecting the privacy of our users. When you supply any personal information to this site, we have legal obligations towards you in the way we deal with your data, as follows:
- We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as needed to meet the service you have requested, and remove it in the event that the purpose has been met.
- We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018).
- We will provide a safe and secure experience for users of this site.
- We will ensure that the information you submit to us remains private, and is only used for the purposes set out below.
Fair Processing Principles
- Your personal information is only processed with your knowledge.
- Only information that we actually need is collected and processed.
- Your personal information is only seen by those who need it to do their jobs.
- Personal information is retained only for as long as it is required.
- Decisions affecting you are made on the basis of reliable and up to date information.
- Your information is protected from unauthorised or accidental disclosure.
- Inaccurate or misleading data will be corrected as soon as possible.
- Procedures are in place for dealing promptly with any dispute.
All information requested is used solely for the purpose of producing a disclosure certificate and is collected and processed by APCS then stored with OnlineSCR, the DBS and Disclosure Scotland in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018). We will treat your personal information as confidential and we will not disclose it to any third party except: (i) with your prior agreement; (ii) as necessary for providing our online disclosure service to you; or (iii) as required by law.
Any organisation which uses the OnlineSCR online disclosure service is obliged to sign a service contract requiring them to:
- Abide by the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018).
- Have a policy for secure storage, handling, use, retention and disposal of disclosures and disclosure information
Our third party provider APCS their online solution is hosted within an ISO27001 compliant environment, and all components of the service are protected by intrusion detection and intrusion prevention devices. Completed applications are fully encrypted and securely transferred to the DBS and Disclosure Scotland.
DBS Statement of Fair Processing
The Disclosure and Barring Service will refer the details provided on this application form to government and law enforcement bodies in accordance with any relevant legislation. The details provided to these bodies will be used for identifying possible matches to records held by them. Where such a match is established, data may be released to the DBS for inclusion on any certificate issued. The details provided on this form may be used to update the records held by the bodies specified above. The details provided on the application form may be used to verify your identity for authentication purposes. The DBS may use any information provided by the DBS on a certificate or otherwise held by the DBS to inform any of its barring decisions made under its powers within the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006
Do you have any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance?
By placing a tick in this box, I confirm that the information that I have provided in support of this application is complete and true and understand that knowingly to make a false statement for this purpose may be a criminal offence. Please confirm the information you have entered is correct.
By providing this consent, I have read and understood the DBS statement of fair processing and consent to the Responsible Organisation receiving an electronic notification once the application has been processed which states either the ‘Certificate contains no information’ or ‘Please wait to view applicant certificate’.